FUN & PROFITABLE PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY:
TIPS AND TOOLS OF THE TRADE
This course explores the additional skills needed to provide dental care to the pediatric patient. It covers tried and true procedures such as stainless steel crowns, unilateral and bilateral space maintainers and pulp therapy for primary teeth.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the appropriate age for a child to have the first dental exam.
- Familiarize the attendees with the best way to introduce the child to the dental environment.
- Definitively diagnose and provide treatment plans by:
- Discussing ways to comfortably exam a young child with their parent
- Determining the appropriate X-Ray’s for young patients.
- Understand the associations between:
- Oral hygiene practices and caries
- Caries and poor dietary choices
- The benefits of appropriate use of fluoride
- Understand the benefits of and be able to fabricate bilateral and unilateral space maintainers.
- Successfully take an impression that prevents gagging in young patients.
- Diagnose the necessary and effective pulp therapy.
- Diagnose and prepare teeth for quick and effective placement of stainless steel crowns.
- Make a decision on the type of cosmetic treatment that they will provide based on the current options for restoring primary teeth.