HYGIENISTS & ASSISTANTS MAKE PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY HAPPEN
This course will improve the confidence of the staff and improve their rapport with parents. It explores the additional skills needed to provide dental care to the pediatric patient. It is also the intent of this course to boost the confidence of the staff so that they understand their importance in the total production of the office. The dentist that works with an efficient assistant is a happy employer.
The following points will be covered.
- Determine how to best respond to parents’ questions about the first dental visit
- Discuss effective ways to introduce a child to the dental environment.
- Learn how to take bitewing x-rays on a 3-4-year-old
- Share tips on how to encourage parents to stop nighttime bottle feeding
- Assist with ways to instruct parents how to get rid of the pacifier